Sunday, April 22, 2007

a nice house

This was a sweet place. First off, it's on Zhi Min Street. Now, pronounced correctly the street is ja meen, which is close enough to sound like German for me. And the name of the place was Rhine Side. Now, a place that is set up for me to lay a joke like that and make an incredible first impression with party goers...wow...it's gotta be great.

I went through a sparse lobby and rode the elevator up to the 21st floor. I noticed at that point that after the 15th floor, the buttons went up by twos. When I entered the apartment, I could see why.

The best thing about this apartment, by far, is the spiral staircase in the center of the living room, which led up to a sitting area and the bedroom, on the 22nd floor. Freaking sweet. Even better, I got to christen the banister with an inaugural slide down, because since the owner hadn't thought to try it yet. The ride was short, but well worth it. They do need to wax the banister a bit more, however.

In addition to a spiral staircase, they have a large balcony with a set of patio furniture and a beautiful view. Great for parties or a quiet breakfast of watching the world go by.

The feather that made the camel's posturpedic mattress that cured his back pain was a full sized oven, which many said was the first one they had seen in a house in China. Mine is the size of a toaster oven.

The company was pleasant as well, but what I would do for a banister of my own!

Rediculous house, nice house party.

No comments: