Wednesday, February 11, 2009

guess who's back

back again...After an extended, shall we say, sabbatical, I am back again, writing like my life depends on it. Besides a self-conscious worry about the boring nature of my day to day life, I have no excuse. I guess a blogger really needs to be able to put those things aside.

So what has happened in my life since the last post over a half year ago? Nothing much...my Mandarin has improved substantially, I've gotten used to Beijing, and I have decided that I still have no idea what I want to be when I grow up. But at least it has been a character building experience.

Now I have less than a month to go in Beijing before I begin traveling throughout Southeast Asia. I'm getting prenostalgic, and so I figured I'd start blogging about my thoughts before I start my trip...the things I'm gonna miss--my friends, my landlady, be able to eat to bursting on less than five bucks--and the things I won't--getting black stuff on my handkerchief after blowing my nose, lack of lines, people trying to sell me sexydvds (yes, that's one word).

So let the writing begin, and god help me stick with it.

No comments: