Thursday, February 19, 2009

all sorts of precipitation

Snow has finally fallen on Beijing, and finally I am content.  It is no longer a grumpy, long-in-the-tooth fall I'm experiencing, but actually another season.  Where tires tread, the snow is blacker than coal, but resting on the plastic, lightbulb filled characters of various stores, the snow is almost peaceful.

The bike-riding is a bit more hazardous, but if you take it slow, and follow the trail that has been worn through the snow to the pavement by cyclers ahead of you, it's not too dangerous.  Riding my bike through the snow-covered leafless trees in the embassy district gets me very pre-nostalgic.  

I've had a good run in China, it's been a good time, and the snow almost makes me want to stay.

The key word there is almost...

No comments: