Tuesday, January 08, 2008

back in the china

Well, I have arrived. You must forgive me a short sabbatical, as I was back in the States for a bit.

I took a red eye from LAX at 12:40, and arrived in Beijing, my new home, at 5:40 the next day. I showered and shaved then rolled into work. What a day. Thankfully, I had caught some sleep on the plane, so I wasn't too bad.

After getting acquainted with my co-workers for the morning, I went out on my first apartment search of my life. At the ripe age of 25, every job I've had and every school I've attended has provided housing. So I've been freaking out.

I may have found the one I want this afternoon, after only seeing three places. While three's the charm, I'm a bit nervous about biting the bullet so early.

Who knows, but it's nice/weird to be back in China.

No comments: