Tuesday, June 26, 2007

back again

Well, I apologize again. For some reason it's difficult for me to stay up with my blog when I'm in transition. For the past two months I have been saying goodbye to 成都 (Chengdu). I've been reading articles about 宁夏 (Ningxia). I've been a lump on a log doing nothing.

But soon that will all change. Right now I'm in 北京 (Beijing) on vacation, visiting friends, and meeting a few people who consult with the NGO I'm working with. It's been fun, but a little overwhelming. 五道口(Wudaokou), the neighborhood where I'm staying, houses Tsinghua and Beijing Universities, as well as Google, Microsoft, and Sun Microsystems. The 老外(laowai) ratio is pretty high.

I'm staying with Jake who has been in country for 3 years and Wiley who has been here for 5. My paltry 9 months pales in comparison.

On Saturday, I fly to 宁夏 to begin my adventure. I hope during that time that my Chinese improves and that I grasp at some sort of direction in which to take my life. Either way, it's gonna be an experience.

No comments: