Monday, March 12, 2007

the rocking of class 9B

ah the fickle crowd. at the beginning of class, i was handed a note, nay, a letter, by my rebellious student about how to make my classes better. turns out i didn't need it.

i rocked them hardcore...with a lesson plan i borrowed from patrick. it occurs to me that preparation is a huge part of teaching and preparation is not my strong suit. now the fact that it's taken me well into my 2nd year of teaching to realize this says something. luckily, it seems that at least one of patrick's strong suits is preparation, so for the rest of the semester, i'll be appropriating as much of his preparation as i can for myself.

i think 9B should be my litmus test. i think my other classes, while they might feel the same as 9B--that the lessons are boring, they don't like what we're doing, etc--they are too frightened or polite to say anything. 9B has no such compunctions. if they don't like it, they ignore me, or stand up in class and berate me.

just what i needed.

No comments: